The 7th of July was World Chocolate day, I mean what a time to be alive. Not that you need an excuse to enjoy something chocolately, but in case you did, here’s your sign… Now I’m a little late to the party but I’m going to pretend that the 7th of July was the start of World Chocolate week…so here we go with a fab chocolate and ice cream related recipe.
Halo Top challenged me to create something yummy and chocolatey for you to enjoy and celebrate National Chocolate day, so I’ve come up with some cookie and ice cream sandwiches. I love to bake so I used homemade cookies but of course you can use shop bought cookies if you just want to get stuck in with the ice cream! But if you fancy a warm cookie dough treat with melty ice cream then I highly recommend baking them yourself!
So what better way to celebrate national chocolate day than with Halo Top Chocolate Ice Cream, and homemade chocolate cookies?!
Eggless Cookie Recipe:
- 125g Butter
- 55g Sugar
- 180g Plain flour
- Whatever chocolate or sweets you want to add to the cookies, for this I used chopped up white and milk chocolate, and some smarties
- Mix together the butter and the sugar until creamy
- Add the flour slowly until it’s all combined into a lump
- Add in your chocolate or sweet treats and mix together with your hands until evenly spread throughout the mixture
- Either roll out onto the surface and then whatever shapes you want out, or just roll into balls and press into lump shapes, flattening slightly on a baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (but check after 8-10 ish just in case!) Don’t be afraid of them looking under done, if the bottoms are looking golden then they are fine and will harden on the tray
Eating these cookies warm with the ice cream is an absolute dream, as the warm cookies melt the ice cream and its all doughy and delicious. But if you prefer a colder treat and a crunchy cookie with a chewy center then wait for them to cool.
Grab yourself two cookies and sandwich some Chocolate Halo Top ice cream in between, this can either be eaten straight away or pop it in a little bit of foil and leave in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
This is honestly the nicest treat, I love baking cookies, and cookies and ice cream are such a fab combo. This yummy treat works well with all flavours of ice cream and I think if you made some cookies with peanut butter blobs in the middle, you could sandwich them with the Halo Top Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, or why not swap the smarties and chocolate for some caramel or fudge pieces and pair it with the Sea Salt Caramel … (no..you’re drooling)
I would love to see your creations if you come up with anything so please do tag me in any photos you put on instagram! Either @WhatEvieDid or @FoodieEvie
All my love